In the Vienna Declaration the ministers decided to extend the focus of the previous Partnership on Cycling to walking and other forms of active mobility, making it a Partnership on Active Mobility. Furthermore, ministers decided to develop a pan-European master plan on active mobility, which would include guidelines and tools.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
- Support the implementation of the pan-European Master Plan for Cycling Promotion
- Develop a pan-European Master Plan on Active Mobility, which would include guidelines and tools
More detailed objectives
- Intensify and strengthen the efforts of the Partnership by actively involving member States, ECF, ECE WHO/Europe, international financing institutions and relevant stakeholder
- Continue to share good practices among partners and stakeholders
- Monitor the implementation of the Pan-European Master Plan for Cycling Promotion
- Seek to expand the geographical scope of the partnership to include countries that have not been involved in the past
- Expand the scope of work to include walking and the entire range of active mobility
- Support the design and establish a Pan-European Competence Centre for Active Mobility to support the implementation of the Pan-European Master Plan
- Support the countries to facilitate the development of national cycling and walking plans, strategies and transnational cooperation projects in the pan-European region.
- Organize funding workshops with representatives of the various financial institutions
- Support the elaboration of the Infrastructure Module for the Pan-European Master Plan for Cycling Promotion
PARTNERS AND TARGET GROUPS
As of October 2021, a total of 30 member States and the European Cyclists’ Federation, the cycling industry actively participated in the partnership.
THE PEP Partnership is addressing the following target groups:
- Member States (National cycling and walking officers and/or National Cycling / Walking Representatives nominated by the member states)
- European Cyclists Federation ECF & Walk21
- International financing institutions
- European Commission
- European Bicycle Manufacturers Association
- Other relevant international organisations